- RSS Channel Showcase 1893506
- RSS Channel Showcase 3977451
- RSS Channel Showcase 1026588
- RSS Channel Showcase 2682951
Articles on this Page
- 09/21/11--08:21: _how to uninstall Ma...
- 12/05/11--07:11: _why is my mac runni...
- 04/14/12--02:34: _block MacKeeper and...
- 04/05/13--09:22: _protect your mac fr...
- 09/20/11--21:31: _comment désinstalle...
- 08/30/15--07:39: _news: DetectX 2 is ...
- 11/08/15--09:26: _how to uninstall Ma...
- 01/08/16--23:08: _news: FastTasks v2....
- 02/13/16--00:22: _news: DetectX v2.14...
- 11/19/16--22:31: _how to keep the iDo...
- 12/17/17--10:30: _scan for malware on...
- 02/27/18--05:10: _Mac Media Player’s ...
- 06/15/18--10:22: _latest MacKeeper fi...
- 09/21/11--08:21: how to uninstall MacKeeper – updated
- 12/05/11--07:11: why is my mac running so slow?
- 04/14/12--02:34: block MacKeeper and other browser ads
- 04/05/13--09:22: protect your mac from malware, viruses and other threats
- 09/20/11--21:31: comment désinstaller MacKeeper
- 08/30/15--07:39: news: DetectX 2 is available now
- 11/08/15--09:26: how to uninstall MacBooster
- 01/08/16--23:08: news: FastTasks v2.4 update released
- 02/13/16--00:22: news: DetectX v2.14 released
- 11/19/16--22:31: how to keep the iDoctor away
- 12/17/17--10:30: scan for malware on the command line
- 02/27/18--05:10: Mac Media Player’s secret MacKeeper installer
- 06/15/18--10:22: latest MacKeeper file paths
MacKeeper – also known as 911 Bundle‘ in the App store — yes, you’ve seen the ads all over the internet, pop ups on your favourite webpages, it seems to be everywhere. Many people that download and use MacKeeper experience severe problems as a result. If you have installed MacKeeper and wish to remove it, […]
There can be various reasons why your Mac starts running slowly. Some of these can be app-related – especially if you are making multiple changes in programs that have autosave enabled. Other problems could be due to running processor-heavy apps that need more RAM than you’ve presently got. Before you dash off to Crucial to […]
Generally, I like to keep browser extensions down to a minimum, but here’s an essential one if you are tired of all those ‘Clean your mac’ / ‘Speed up your mac’ ads on every website you visit. Download and install the Safari adblock extension from here: http://safariadblock.com/ What I like about this particular adblocker is […]
If you’re new to Mac, you’re probably thinking that it’s a no-brainer that you need some kind of anti-virus app. Once you start looking around the web for reviews, it’s inevitable that you’re going to come across the Great Mac AntiVirus Debate: in the one corner, those who say Mac users who forego antivirus protection […]
philastokesNessus Vulnerability Software
Last updated: 16 August, 2015 Volunteers Wanted: Since MacKeeper has become something of an international (ahem…what’s the right word here?) “phenomenon”, we need volunteers to help translate the instructions on this page into other languages. German, Spanish, Japanese, Italian, Korean, Thai, Russian, Chinese, etc…any other language you are fluent in aside from English. Please contact […]
philastokesbefore uninstall mavsEnglish flagScreen Shot 2016-05-02 at 18.17.41MacKeeper on Mavericksafter uninstall mavs
We’ve spent pretty much the whole of the summer working on this upgrade, so we’re both delighted (and not a little relieved!) to finally be able to announce the release of DetectX 2. If you were a user of earlier versions of DetectX the most obvious change you’ll notice is the new Selector bar, and […]
We are decidedly not impressed with MacBooster. Ok, we’ll put aside the general complaint that apps like this do very little if anything to improve performance (in fact, in our tests, we find almost always quite the opposite). We have a bigger beef with MacBooster. Indeed, we rate it even more pesky than it’s obvious […]
philastokesScreen Shot 2015-11-08 at 19.23.15
FT2 v2.4 is now available from sqwarq.com. This update includes a new ‘delete’ button in the Analyser and an auto-kill feature which searches for and kills MacKeeper processes running in the background when the Analyser is run. The release notes are here.Filed under: FastTasks Tagged: MacKeeper, troubleshooting
Yes, two in two days! We’ve added a Preference Pane since yesterday, and improved the performance of the search function. Note that the new Sparkle Vulnerability check we introduced in v2.13 is now off by default. It can be turned on from the Preference Pane (see above). Other changes are listed in the release notes. DetectX […]
philastokesScreen Shot 2016-02-14 at 23.03.29
DetectX has been updated today to v2.37, and amongst other changes now detects and removes iDoctor.app. This piece of software appears to be another MacKeeper clone, with both sharing a common interface, code and file structures. In the screenshot above, you can see DetectX doing its work – note the parallel file detections as DetectX […]
philastokesDetectX console logMK vs iDoctorscreen-shot-2016-11-20-at-12-09-10screen-shot-2016-11-20-at-12-08-24
DetectX Swift now has the ability to do command line searches for issues on your mac like malware, keyloggers, browser hijacks and potentially dangerous software, and there’s a number of extra options that are not available when using the user interface. In this post, I’m going to give you a quick tour of the CLI […]
philastokesScreen Shot 2017-12-20 at 19.23.50Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 18.05.26
Last week I added MacGo’s Mac Media Player.app to DetectX’s search definitions after finding that the installer was delivering MacKeeper on unsuspecting users. After a support call asking me whether the MacGo player itself was malicious, I decided to look into what was going on in a bit more detail. Downloading the Mac Media Player […]
Want to remove MacKeeper? The easiest way is to use my free/shareware app DetectX Swift, but if you’re looking to do it yourself, here’s the complete list of all past and current known filepaths. Bear in mind that DetectX Swift can find other MacKeeper paths that are not on the list due to its internal […]